This week’s podcast is unique.
It’s a follow up with Rich Roll but it’s more of a casual conversation between friends than an interview. I also speak quite a bit more than a typical Finding Mastery podcast.
Rich is a friend and each time we have one of these conversations we always seem to end up taking the discussion somewhere new.
For those of you unfamiliar with Rich, he’s a plantpowered wellness advocate, bestselling author, ulltra-athlete & podcast host.
Rich inspired me to start my own podcast a few years ago after I had such an enjoyable experience being a guest on his podcast.
He was a previous guest on Finding Mastery – episode #018 – where we predominantly discussed how pain was the main catalyst for the positive changes he’s made in his life.
In this conversation we share some of our takeaways from guests we’ve both had a chance to interview, discuss how to combat perfectionism and the three pillars of a psychological framework that are really important to pay attention to: optimism, control, and grit.
Hope you enjoy it!
In This Episode:
- What Mike has learned from Finding Mastery
- Common interviews they’ve shared
- Interviewing Alex Honnold
- Is everyone interested in peak performance?
- Doing the hard, lonely work of self-discovery
- Loving to win or hating to lose
- Mike’s process for getting to center of who someone is
- The way thoughts can create or restrict space
- Combatting perfectionism/self-critical tendencies
- 3 pillars of the psychological framework that are really important to pay attention to: optimism, control, and grit
- What is real success?
- The difference between a philosophy and a mission
- The mythical ridgeline of balance
Listen via: Apple Podcasts | Android | Stitcher | Pocket Casts | RSS
Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the transcript to this conversation and receive additional premium content!
This episode is brought to you by:
Athletic Greens is the Most Complete Supplement for a better you. With 75 ingredients covering 11 areas of health, it gives you the optimum nutrition you need to perform your best, everyday.
Click here for an exclusive Athletic Greens offer for Finding Mastery listeners only – a FREE 20 count travel pack (Valued at $99) with any purchase.