This conversation is with Nile Rodgers. If you’ve listened to music in the last 40 years, you’ve heard his work. By trade, he’s a musician and a producer — He’s a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for Musical Excellence.
He’s done the hard yards to understand the nuances of himself and his craft, to be able to express the inner music, in ways that have influenced the rhythms of the world.
What I wanted to learn most in this conversation is how Nile understands music, and how he’s been so successful collaborating with others to bring out their music.
He’s produced Diana Ross, David Bowie, Duran Duran, Madonna, INXS, Britney Spears, Daft Punk, Pharrell Williams, Avicii, Sam Smith, Pitbull, Lady Gaga, Kylie Minogue, Keith Urban and Christina Aguilera. And the list goes on and on and on –
This conversation is about relationships — with self — with others
“Life is about doing the best that you can do. It’s not about getting it perfect. If you continue to do so then you’ll feel like you’ve had a fulfilling life.”
In This Episode:
- Why he cares about helping others before himself
- His philosophy… row well and live
- The value he places on relationships & intimacy
- Having unique access to education from an early age and unorthodox quest for learning
- Creating a record from start to finish
- Why having fun & laughing is a part of the process for him
- What really went down behind the scenes of making “Get Lucky”
- Playing “between” the notes
- How he gets into flow state on a daily basis
- How he defines success
Listen via: iTunes | Android | Google Play | Stitcher | RSS
“I believe that expression and trying to help you understand my message is 10x more than being flashy.”
“My favorite artists are the people who teach me new stuff.”
“My philosophy is: Row well and live.”
“I look as myself as a worker bee. I live for solving problems.”
This episode is brought to you by:
Athletic Greens is the Most Complete Supplement for a better you. With 75 ingredients covering 11 areas of health, it gives you the optimum nutrition you need to perform your best, everyday.
Click here for an exclusive Athletic Greens offer for Finding Mastery listeners only – a FREE 20 count travel pack (Valued at $99) with any purchase.
- Ben-Hur – one his all-time favorite movies
- Hailee Steinfeld – a recent artist he’s enjoyed working with
- Harpo Marx – loved his autobiography “Harpo Speaks“