This week’s conversation is with Michael Rosenbaum, actor, producer, and comedian.
The diverse actor has worked in over twenty films, such as Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2, Hit and Run, Urban Legend, Sweet November, Bringing Down The House, Pool Hall Junkies and Sorority Boys.
Michael has worked with everyone from Bradley Cooper and Sylvester Stallone to Christopher Walken and Clint Eastwood.
He portrayed Lex Luthor on the smash hit Smallville for seven years and voiced The Flash on the hit animated series The Justice League Unlimited.
In this conversation Michael shares the highs and lows of being an actor in Hollywood – how he’s had to work on caring less what others think and focus on getting to the center of who he truly is and what matters most to him.
I appreciated Michael’s willingness to show vulnerability.
In This Episode:
- Caring what people think and feeling the need to put on a show
- Being bullied as a kid and how it shaped him
- Not knowing if people like him for him or because he’s a celebrity
- What he needs to get better at: not worrying what other people think about him
- Working on figuring out he is really is
- How he’s transformed his approach to facing pain
- The cost of always feeling like he needed to stay busy in the past
- Why he’s always wanted to be an athlete
- What’s been amazing about his experience as a podcast host
- Vulnerability at the epicenter of living courageously
- Discussing the differences in acceptable emotions between males and females
- Why he loves the underdog
- The relationship between thoughts and emotions
- How uses imagery to train for different acting roles
- His approach to becoming more confident in all aspects of his life
Listen via: Apple Podcasts | Android | Spotify | Stitcher | Pocket Casts | RSS
- Finding Mastery 129: Andrew Zimmern, Chef and TV Personality
- Finding Mastery 122: Kaskade, Multi Grammy Award-Nominated Musician
- Finding Mastery 042: Dan Harris, Co-anchor for Nightline and the weekend edition of Good Morning America
Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the transcript to this conversation and receive additional premium content!
This episode is brought to you by:
Athletic Greens is the Most Complete Supplement for a better you. With 75 ingredients covering 11 areas of health, it gives you the optimum nutrition you need to perform your best, everyday.
Click here for an exclusive Athletic Greens offer for Finding Mastery listeners only – a FREE 20 count travel pack (Valued at $99) with any purchase.
WHOOP transforms how athletes understand their bodies and unlocks their inner potential. Designed for the 24-hour performance lifestyle, WHOOP has built a system across hardware, analytics and community used by the most elite athletes in the world to positively change behavior through actionable recommendations.
Learn more about WHOOP’s premium membership service here. They also have an exclusive offer for the Finding Mastery community — Get your first month of WHOOP membership FREE with the promo code: FINDINGMASTERY at checkout!
Halo Sport, the first product from Halo Neuroscience, uses Neuropriming technology to improve the brain’s response to motor skill training.
Get $100 off Halo Sport when you purchase via this Finding Mastery link!