This week’s conversation is with Michael Rosenbaum, actor, producer, and comedian.
The diverse actor has worked in over twenty films, such as Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2, Hit and Run, Urban Legend, Sweet November, Bringing Down The House, Pool Hall Junkies and Sorority Boys.
Michael has worked with everyone from Bradley Cooper and Sylvester Stallone to Christopher Walken and Clint Eastwood.
He portrayed Lex Luthor on the smash hit Smallville for seven years and voiced The Flash on the hit animated series The Justice League Unlimited.
In this conversation Michael shares the highs and lows of being an actor in Hollywood – how he’s had to work on caring less what others think and focus on getting to the center of who he truly is and what matters most to him.
I appreciated Michael’s willingness to show vulnerability.
In This Episode:
- Caring what people think and feeling the need to put on a show
- Being bullied as a kid and how it shaped him
- Not knowing if people like him for him or because he’s a celebrity
- What he needs to get better at: not worrying what other people think about him
- Working on figuring out he is really is
- How he’s transformed his approach to facing pain
- The cost of always feeling like he needed to stay busy in the past
- Why he’s always wanted to be an athlete
- What’s been amazing about his experience as a podcast host
- Vulnerability at the epicenter of living courageously
- Discussing the differences in acceptable emotions between males and females
- Why he loves the underdog
- The relationship between thoughts and emotions
- How uses imagery to train for different acting roles
- His approach to becoming more confident in all aspects of his life
Listen via: Apple Podcasts | Android | Spotify | Stitcher | Pocket Casts | RSS
- Finding Mastery 129: Andrew Zimmern, Chef and TV Personality
- Finding Mastery 122: Kaskade, Multi Grammy Award-Nominated Musician
- Finding Mastery 042: Dan Harris, Co-anchor for Nightline and the weekend edition of Good Morning America
Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the transcript to this conversation and receive additional premium content!
This episode is brought to you by:
Ned’s collection of Full Spectrum Hemp Oil products contains CBD extracted from the finest organic hemp plants and is all grown with love on a small 12-acre homestead in the bountiful farmland of Paonia, CO. Paonia is renowned for its perfect agricultural climate, rich soil, abundance of sunshine, and fresh Rocky Mountain water.
From seed to bottle, Ned’s premium small-batch products are slow-crafted to deliver superior quality while supporting independent farmers, communities, and the environment.
You can get 15% off your first order today with free shipping HERE and use code “FINDINGMASTERY” at checkout.
Eight Sleep makes The Pod, a high-tech bed with integrated sensors that track your sleep and a layer that dynamically regulates temperature based on sleep cycle, cooling and heating through the night to enhance rest and recovery.
For a limited time, get $150 off your purchase when you go to EIGHTSLEEP.COM/findingmastery
WHOOP is a performance tool changing the way people track their fitness and optimize their training. WHOOP provides a wrist worn heart rate monitor that pairs to their app that provides daily personalized analytics and insights on recovery, strain, and sleep.
The WHOOP Strap 3.0 now has 5 day battery life, an improved strap, live heart rate monitoring, and unlocks a suite of new software features to their app.
Go to WHOOP.com and use the code FINDINGMASTERY at checkout to save $30 and optimize the way you train.