A contemporary composer & innovator, Kai Kight has a diverse background that has been fueled by creating and making.
He holds an engineering degree from Stanford University’s d. school where he was introduced to the innovative culture of silicon valley. As a Kleiner Perkins Design Fellow and Mayfield Fellow, Kai got an early start in entrepreneurship.
This episode is brought to you by:
Athletic Greens is the Most Complete Supplement for a better you. With 75 ingredients covering 11 areas of health, it gives you the optimum nutrition you need to perform your best, everyday.
Click here for an exclusive Athletic Greens offer for Finding Mastery listeners only – a FREE 20 count travel pack (Valued at $99) with any purchase.
Kai began playing the violin when he was 3 years old, was classically trained and studied under the concertmaster of Kennedy Center Opera House Orchestra. His music has brought him to perform in venues such as the White House to the Great Wall of China.
Today Kai composes his own music using an innovative style on the violin which blends classical technique with rhythms and textures from popular genres such as hip hop and jazz. His favorite composer is Bach, because of soul riveting harmony and improvisational rhythms.
Kai is a native of the Washington, DC area and currently resides in Los Angeles.
In This Episode:
- How your identify affects how well you do on an exposed stage
- Allowing yourself to be comfortable with not having the answers
- Defining curiosity
- Why he uses his self-created sunset principle
- Benefits of releasing your internal voices and meditation
- Dealing with your inner critic
- Defining grit
- Sharing the emotional experience while performing
- Becoming familiar with uncomfortable situations
- Where pressure comes from