Fik-Shun (born as Dushaunt Stegall) has captured the creative expression through dance. In just his 21 years of life, he’s discovered a special way to relate to music and movement. As a dancer he’s captivating; as a thinker he’s got his hand in the pulse of creativity.
He was a past winner of Season 10 of So You Think You Can Dance. He’s deeply committed to exploring the path toward mastery, and just like his relationship to music, he has a very unique take on mastery.
Please support our partners!!
We’re able to keep growing and creating content for YOU because of their support. We believe in their mission and would appreciate you supporting them in return!!
Click HERE for all links and codes to take advantage of deals from our partners.
“I know that I perform better when I’m nervous and designed a system to trigger my nerves.”
In This Episode:
- Reasoning behind not choreographing his dancing
- Trusting your instincts and creating an organic experience for the audience
- Why instincts are the necessary choices
- Type of legacy he wants to leave
- How dancing is like playing a game and you’re trying to get the highest score possible
- Manipulating the crowd and controlling their emotions
- Why true perfection doesn’t exist
- Living in his head in his early life
- Competitiveness fueling growth
- How to take inspiration from those who are better and worse than you
- Defining doubt
- How to learn from different outlooks
- How he’ll know when he’s truly made it