Fik-Shun (born as Dushaunt Stegall) has captured the creative expression through dance. In just his 21 years of life, he’s discovered a special way to relate to music and movement. As a dancer he’s captivating; as a thinker he’s got his hand in the pulse of creativity.
He was a past winner of Season 10 of So You Think You Can Dance. He’s deeply committed to exploring the path toward mastery, and just like his relationship to music, he has a very unique take on mastery.
This episode is brought to you by:
Athletic Greens is the Most Complete Supplement for a better you. With 75 ingredients covering 11 areas of health, it gives you the optimum nutrition you need to perform your best, everyday.
Click here for an exclusive Athletic Greens offer for Finding Mastery listeners only – a FREE 20 count travel pack (Valued at $99) with any purchase.
WHOOP transforms how athletes understand their bodies and unlocks their inner potential. Designed for the 24-hour performance lifestyle, WHOOP has built a system across hardware, analytics and community used by the most elite athletes in the world to positively change behavior through actionable recommendations.
Learn more about WHOOP’s premium membership service here.
“I know that I perform better when I’m nervous and designed a system to trigger my nerves.”
In This Episode:
- Reasoning behind not choreographing his dancing
- Trusting your instincts and creating an organic experience for the audience
- Why instincts are the necessary choices
- Type of legacy he wants to leave
- How dancing is like playing a game and you’re trying to get the highest score possible
- Manipulating the crowd and controlling their emotions
- Why true perfection doesn’t exist
- Living in his head in his early life
- Competitiveness fueling growth
- How to take inspiration from those who are better and worse than you
- Defining doubt
- How to learn from different outlooks
- How he’ll know when he’s truly made it