Dr. Elizabeth Lindsey is the first female and first Polynesian to become an explorer for the National Geographic Society. She has made it her mission to find, preserve and share the knowledge and traditions of indigenous populations before they disappear.
This conversation is about the path and practices to accelerate learning — and to search for insight and wisdom.
She grew up learning from elders and has spent her adult life traveling the world to continue that learning by going into the most remote regions in the word – to be with people who are passing away, to spend time with people who the world would never know existed. She wants the world to remember the people who came before us.
In This Episode:
- Where she found her passion for understanding ancient traditions and ancient wisdoms
- Determining whether your psychological model or the environment is off
- People who have influenced her and who she was able to learn from
- The best place to bring yourself to when you’re unraveling
- How she was able to travel the world for six weeks without speaking and the tales of her journey
- How to create depth within yourself
- How to define an explorer
- Habits that are absolutely necessary aside from basic ones in life
- Her single most difficult moment in life
- Can true elite performance take place if people don’t get along on one stage?
- Insights on how to become an expert risk taker
“The most powerful thing we can do, each of us, is to find stillness.”
“Whatever story we choose to tell, if we choose wisely, the story becomes the medicine for others.”
This episode is brought to you by:
Ned’s collection of Full Spectrum Hemp Oil products contains CBD extracted from the finest organic hemp plants and is all grown with love on a small 12-acre homestead in the bountiful farmland of Paonia, CO. Paonia is renowned for its perfect agricultural climate, rich soil, abundance of sunshine, and fresh Rocky Mountain water.
From seed to bottle, Ned’s premium small-batch products are slow-crafted to deliver superior quality while supporting independent farmers, communities, and the environment.
You can get 15% off your first order today with free shipping HERE and use code “FINDINGMASTERY” at checkout.
Eight Sleep makes The Pod, a high-tech bed with integrated sensors that track your sleep and a layer that dynamically regulates temperature based on sleep cycle, cooling and heating through the night to enhance rest and recovery.
For a limited time, get $150 off your purchase when you go to EIGHTSLEEP.COM/findingmastery
WHOOP is a performance tool changing the way people track their fitness and optimize their training. WHOOP provides a wrist worn heart rate monitor that pairs to their app that provides daily personalized analytics and insights on recovery, strain, and sleep.
The WHOOP Strap 3.0 now has 5 day battery life, an improved strap, live heart rate monitoring, and unlocks a suite of new software features to their app.
Go to WHOOP.com and use the code FINDINGMASTERY at checkout to save $30 and optimize the way you train.