Dr. Elizabeth Lindsey is the first female and first Polynesian to become an explorer for the National Geographic Society. She has made it her mission to find, preserve and share the knowledge and traditions of indigenous populations before they disappear.
This conversation is about the path and practices to accelerate learning — and to search for insight and wisdom.
She grew up learning from elders and has spent her adult life traveling the world to continue that learning by going into the most remote regions in the word – to be with people who are passing away, to spend time with people who the world would never know existed. She wants the world to remember the people who came before us.
In This Episode:
- Where she found her passion for understanding ancient traditions and ancient wisdoms
- Determining whether your psychological model or the environment is off
- People who have influenced her and who she was able to learn from
- The best place to bring yourself to when you’re unraveling
- How she was able to travel the world for six weeks without speaking and the tales of her journey
- How to create depth within yourself
- How to define an explorer
- Habits that are absolutely necessary aside from basic ones in life
- Her single most difficult moment in life
- Can true elite performance take place if people don’t get along on one stage?
- Insights on how to become an expert risk taker
“The most powerful thing we can do, each of us, is to find stillness.”
“Whatever story we choose to tell, if we choose wisely, the story becomes the medicine for others.”
This episode is brought to you by:
Athletic Greens is the Most Complete Supplement for a better you. With 75 ingredients covering 11 areas of health, it gives you the optimum nutrition you need to perform your best, everyday.
Click here for an exclusive Athletic Greens offer for Finding Mastery listeners only – a FREE 20 count travel pack (Valued at $99) with any purchase.
WHOOP transforms how athletes understand their bodies and unlocks their inner potential. Designed for the 24-hour performance lifestyle, WHOOP has built a system across hardware, analytics and community used by the most elite athletes in the world to positively change behavior through actionable recommendations.
Learn more about WHOOP’s premium membership service here. They also have an exclusive offer for the Finding Mastery community — Get your first month of WHOOP membership FREE with the promo code: FINDINGMASTERY at checkout!