This is part two of the conversation with Cal Fussman.
In part one, Cal took us deep and he took us into many different parts of his life that were wonderful and surprising. We also had a banter back and forth about questions and responses to questions and the art of storytelling.
In part two, he just takes us for a ride. There are so many wonderful stories that he shares with us and what I want to challenge us to do when we’re listening is to listen to the art of storytelling.
The nuances and the nuts and bolts of the story are important because they’re fun, but see if you can go down just a level deeper or two levels deeper to listen how he’s constructing and what he’s really articulating through the storytelling craft that he’s mastered.
This episode is brought to you by:
Athletic Greens is the Most Complete Supplement for a better you. With 75 ingredients covering 11 areas of health, it gives you the optimum nutrition you need to perform your best, everyday.
Click here for an exclusive Athletic Greens offer for Finding Mastery listeners only – a FREE 20 count travel pack (Valued at $99) with any purchase.
WHOOP transforms how athletes understand their bodies and unlocks their inner potential. Designed for the 24-hour performance lifestyle, WHOOP has built a system across hardware, analytics and community used by the most elite athletes in the world to positively change behavior through actionable recommendations.
Learn more about WHOOP’s premium membership service here. They also have an exclusive offer for the Finding Mastery community — Get your first month of WHOOP membership FREE with the promo code: FINDINGMASTERY at checkout!
Halo Sport, the first product from Halo Neuroscience, uses Neuropriming technology to improve the brain’s response to motor skill training.
Get $100 off Halo Sport when you purchase via this Finding Mastery link!
In This Episode:
- Getting knocked out at golden gloves
- Redeeming himself fighting Julio Caeser Chavez
- The art of storytelling
- Getting a firsthand look into storytelling as mastery rather than explaining it
- Why competition fuels mastery
- JFK’s assassination marking the beginning of his quest to learn
- How the power of a question dictated his whole life
- Receiving a letter from the President Lyndon B. Johnson at age 7
- Discussing what risks are worth taking
Listen via: iTunes | Android | Google Play | Stitcher | RSS
- Roberto Durvan v Sugar Ray Leonard (No mas)
- Buck O’Neil – Kansas City Monarchs
- Satchel Paige – Legendary Negro League’s pitcher
- Josh Gibson – “The black Babe Ruth”
- Homestead Grays
- Baseball Negro League