This week’s conversation is with Brendan Kane, a business and digital growth strategist for Fortune 500 corporations, brands, and celebrities.
Brendan’s greatest strength is unlocking value. He transforms complexity into simplicity with tools and methods that amplify growth and enable execution.
He thrives on helping his clients systematically find and engage new audiences.
Brendan’s success stories include massive global brands like Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Jason Statham, Katie Couric, MTV, Vice, Lionsgate, and Yahoo.
This conversation has something for everyone: whether you own a business, are considering starting one or are just thinking about your personal brand.
The power of social media allows you or your organization to impact many, to get your message in front of the right people, but in today’s world capturing someone’s attention is not an easy feat.
More than 60 billion online messages are sent into the world every day, and only a select few companies can succeed in the mad scramble for customer attention.
This means that the question for anyone who wants to gain mass exposure for their transformative content, business, brand or connect with audiences around the globe is no longer if they should use social media but how to best take advantage of the numerous different platforms.
How can you make a significant impact in the digital world and stand out among all the noise?
That’s at the core of what we discuss in this conversation.
Brendan shares his methods for gaining an authentic, dedicated, and diverse online following from scratch; create personal, unique, and valuable content that will engage your core audience.
He just published a book that’s jam-packed with these insights- One Million Followers: How I Built a Massive Social Following in 30 Days.
In This Episode:
- Initially wanted to be in the film industry and produce movies
- Started 3 companies in college to learn and see what worked, not necessarily looking for big monetary gain
- Wanting to understand others and create value for them
- What’s helped him build his unique skill set: an injured arm at birth
- His two principles: Curiosity and adding value
- The good and bad of the intensity he works with
- The importance of behavioral psychology in his work
- His methods for a/b testing
- The value in creating great hook points
- A case study in his strategic approach to digital growth: Katie Couric
- Where pressure comes from for him
- It all comes down to.. learning, testing, accepting failure
- How he thinks about mastery
Listen via: Apple Podcasts | Android | Spotify | Stitcher | Pocket Casts | RSS
- Finding Mastery 081: Adam Cheyer, Siri Co-Founder
- Finding Mastery 078: Scott Barry Kaufman, Psychologist, Professor, and Author
- Finding Mastery 043: Ryan Holiday, Bestselling Author, Marketer, Entrepreneur
Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive the transcript to this conversation and additional premium content!
This episode is brought to you by:
Athletic Greens is the Most Complete Supplement for a better you. With 75 ingredients covering 11 areas of health, it gives you the optimum nutrition you need to perform your best, everyday.
Click here for an exclusive Athletic Greens offer for Finding Mastery listeners only – a FREE 20 count travel pack (Valued at $99) with any purchase.
Eight Sleep makes The Pod, a high-tech bed with integrated sensors that track your sleep and a layer that dynamically regulates temperature based on sleep cycle, cooling and heating through the night to enhance rest and recovery.
For a limited time, get $150 off your purchase when you go to EIGHTSLEEP.COM/findingmastery
Four Sigmatic is a natural superfood company that specializes in mushroom-based drinks that benefit our immunity, energy, and longevity, and help us live healthier, more enhanced lives.
Get 15% off your purchase at foursigmatic.com/findingmastery or use the code FINDINGMASTERY at checkout.