This week’s conversation is with Bob Wright, who served as vice chairman of General Electric and president, CEO, and chairman of NBC and NBC Universal from 1986 to 2007.
Prior to that, he served as president of General Electric Financial Services and before that as president of Cox Cable Communications.
Bob’s had a diversified career in law, general management, marketing, and television and has been inducted into the Advertising, Broadcasting and Cable Halls of Fame.
He is also the co-founder of Autism Speaks and founder of The Suzanne Wright Foundation
Bob’s major focus right now is on The Suzanne Wright Foundation and his CodePurple campaign which are both fighting pancreatic cancer.
In this conversation we touch on leadership, passion and accountability.
In This Episode:
- Growing up being held accountable by his mom and her friends… inspired him to do well in school
- Learning to hold himself accountable and not blame others
- The path that led him to practicing law and how it helped him develop confidence
- His definition of leadership
- -The hardest thing about leading other people
- Where he generated his framework for seeing the world optimistically
- What he’s most hungry for… making a difference with autism and pancreatic cancer
- His philosophy… passion and accountability
- How he defines success
- What he hopes the next generation gets right… ability to adapt quickly
Listen via: Apple Podcasts | Android | Stitcher | Pocket Casts | RSS
“The difference between a dreamer and visionary is execution.”
“You have to have passion and you have to accept responsibility for what you want to accomplish. Those are the two things that guide me.”
“Realism can kill you.”
This episode is brought to you by:
Athletic Greens is the Most Complete Supplement for a better you. With 75 ingredients covering 11 areas of health, it gives you the optimum nutrition you need to perform your best, everyday.
Click here for an exclusive Athletic Greens offer for Finding Mastery listeners only – a FREE 20 count travel pack (Valued at $99) with any purchase.
WHOOP transforms how athletes understand their bodies and unlocks their inner potential. Designed for the 24-hour performance lifestyle, WHOOP has built a system across hardware, analytics and community used by the most elite athletes in the world to positively change behavior through actionable recommendations.
Learn more about WHOOP’s premium membership service here. They also have an exclusive offer for the Finding Mastery community — Get your first month of WHOOP membership FREE with the promo code: FINDINGMASTERY at checkout!
Halo Sport, the first product from Halo Neuroscience, uses Neuropriming technology to improve the brain’s response to motor skill training.
Get $100 off Halo Sport when you purchase via this Finding Mastery link!