If you have an iPhone, you know Adam Cheyer’s work. He was the Co-Founder of Siri, Inc.
He’s now the Co-Founder and VP of Engineering at Viv Labs.
Their mission is to: Radically simplify the world by providing an intelligent interface for everything.
He’s also one of the founders of Sentient Technologies, which was founded in 2007 and has generated over $143 million in funding since its inception.
In this conversation, we talked about having a vision for what you prioritize most (he has goals for his self, for the world, and financially). He thinks “at scale.”
For example, Change.org was inspired by his “for the world” goal.
We talked about the inception of Siri, and where machine learning is headed next, and debated if it’s good or bad for the future.
We also discussed how he creates and approaches seemingly insurmountable challenges and achieves them.
Oh — and Adam is an author of 60 publications and 26 patents.
Also, there are so many pearls of wisdom that are shared in these conversations. If you’re looking for bite-sized gems, download the podcast – Minutes on Mastery.
“If I’m following my true path, I will be successful somehow.”
In This Episode:
- Interest in magic from an early age leading to his professional life
- Consumption vs. Production (being consumed by things such as phone, tv, etc vs spending your time on things that lead to the production of new things)
- Inspiration vs. Desperation.. comparing and contrasting how those can be motivating factors
- How he approached insurmountable challenges in college
- Staying true to your authenticity
- The power of a verbally stated goal
- Translating core emotions into a focused goal
- Why failure doesn’t worry him
- How he started SIRI
- Where he sees the future of AI headed
- What’s in store for his latest project: VIV
- Why he doesn’t love the concept of reaching the point of mastery
Listen via: iTunes | Android | Google Play | Stitcher | RSS
“Do more than you think you can.”
“A rewarding life includes many chapters and themes as you change who you are and what you need.”
“Seek the truth and make it come true.”
“If you can appreciate every moment you have, you’ll have a happy life.”
This episode is brought to you by:
Athletic Greens is the Most Complete Supplement for a better you. With 75 ingredients covering 11 areas of health, it gives you the optimum nutrition you need to perform your best, everyday.
Click here for an exclusive Athletic Greens offer for Finding Mastery listeners only – a FREE 20 count travel pack (Valued at $99) with any purchase.
Eight Sleep makes The Pod, a high-tech bed with integrated sensors that track your sleep and a layer that dynamically regulates temperature based on sleep cycle, cooling and heating through the night to enhance rest and recovery.
For a limited time, get $150 off your purchase when you go to EIGHTSLEEP.COM/findingmastery
Four Sigmatic is a natural superfood company that specializes in mushroom-based drinks that benefit our immunity, energy, and longevity, and help us live healthier, more enhanced lives.
Get 15% off your purchase at foursigmatic.com/findingmastery or use the code FINDINGMASTERY at checkout.